October 29, 2008

Video Highlight: Urban Legend Tribute

I love scary stories, urban legends and slasher movies. And my wife and I made a music video that is a tribute to all three.

Amelia and I were happy to work together to plan, shoot, make-out and stay up late to make this thing come together. Amelia came up with the song, concept and costumes, of course. We shot it by ourselves using available light and stacks of books, chairs, tool boxes and the hood of our car for a tripod. I then quickly had to learn how to use iMovie and edit it together. For what it is, I think it's fun and perfect for Halloween. Enjoy? Watch it and tell me if you get it. (Lyrics posted below the video window.)



This is not the first time -- you tried to get away
This is not a party -- where people know your name
This is not a classroom -- with teacher at the board
This is not a cat show -- with prizes at the door

Chorus
Go -- don't you go
Won't you stay with me one more day
If we get through one more night
If we get through one more night

This is not a horse race -- where winners beat the time
This is not a funeral -- with mourners in a line
This is not a sitcom -- where everything's alright
This is not a prison -- with terror through the night.

Chorus, etc.

Happy Halloween, readers!

14 comments:

Jeremy said...

Second best video I've ever seen with a guy getting spanked in a classroom. Don't ask about the first...

April Fossen said...

When I grow up I want to be as cool as you guys.

Unknown said...

Creeptacular.

Although I admit that I felt a little dirty watching you guys make out and watching Amelia spank you.

PS. I love Amelia short dark hair.

Matt Clayton said...

A couple that makes Halloween music videos together, stay together.

P and L said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!


I was waiting for a cute meet ending, where the boyfriend gets killed (I could tell it was a boyfriend by the making out.) and the murderer ends up being Alan Thick who happens to be one of Amelia's free bee's.

That would have been scary too!

~p

The UnMighty said...

Holy Shizballs! That was freaking awesome! You guys could start your own production company.

Melissa Burk said...

Man! I hope I marry someone I can shoot music video thrillers with. Love it!

Randy said...

I thought it was going to be a shot-for-shot of the scraping-on-the-car-roof story.

Very nice, by the way. Lifting up the cat's tail? Nice.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, all.

Our original plan was to do the "scraping feet" story but we ran out of time/daylight.

I think we'll buy ourselves a tripod for Christmas.

P and L said...

I just came back to watch it again.


Still good.

Three Coin Productions said...

Now I can't sleep. But it was worth it. P.S. Can I borrow that sweet boombox for an insert shot I need? Seriously. Let me know.

Amelia Merritt said...

Hey G you can borrow the boombox anytime! Call me or Brett and come by and grab it wheneves. Out.

Hailey said...

Cool, guys, way cool.

Shawn said...

Wow---will your talent never cease?

Amazing moments; mystery, humor, and even the enjoyable spanking scene.

What else can one want in a video?