August 29, 2005

My New Favorite Show

"Slings and Arrows," a Canadian show first done in 2003, has recently been playing on the Sundance Channel. And I love it. Not just because I love theatre but because it has all the stuff a good TV show should have: humor, drama, great characters, quoteable dialogue, flashbacks and delicious conflicts. Two of the cast members I knew right away. Mark McKinney of "Kids in the Hall", SNL and "The Saddest Music in the World" and Rachel McAdams of "Mean Girls," "The Notebook" and, now in theaters, "Red Eye." But everyone in the cast is spectacular. I recommend seeing if you can rent this on DVD from Netflix or somewhere right away. I don't want to be the only one I know that watches it. It's too good.

From IMDB.com:
SLINGS AND ARROWS is based in the fictional town of New Burbage where legendary theatrical madman Geoffrey Tennant (Paul Gross) returns to the New Burbage Theatre Festival, the site of his greatest triumph and most humiliating failure, to assume the Artistic Directorship after the sudden death of his mentor, Oliver Welles.

2 comments:

Jeff B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff B said...

am recording S&A (as it shall come to be known) on my DVR as we speak. You have never led me astray my friend. And you better not start.

"Being in the forest can be fun..."

"Like boobies?"

"But it can also be dangerous"

"Like 'Fire Boobies'? "